Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Day 2 - Routine

I feel the need to check in. Hey how you doin?

Its two am, I think I just passed out for 4 hours or something. Sleep is a rather irresistible bitch. I had a long and indepth dream about airport transportation.

For reasons unbeknownst to me I'm supposed to be taking tylenol every 4 hours. Seems kinda like a shot in the dark to me. Don't think, just do. [Gulp]

My new hair cut rocks. I just looked in the mirror and thought I saw a huge mole on my forehead staring back at me, but it turned out to be a piece of lint. I take the moment for silent celebration.

Chemotherapy's not at all bad so far. I sit in a comfy chair for 4 hours surrounded by pleasant staff and other patients, and watch air bubbles creep into my catheter using my peripheral vision. Sneaky mothifuckers, but completely harmless it turns out.
"You need to consume tons of air for it to do any damage," a smiling nurse informs me. Good. Cause it is kind of scary watching a potentially lethal air bubble proceed through 4 feet of tubing, all the while getting closer and closer to the port where it suddenly disappears into your body.
"The media has done a great job of terrifying people about it," she says.
Agreed.

After chemo I work from home for about 3 hours a day. After that, I watch a movie. I feel like I'm on a lazy vacation. At least I have routine to keep me company.
K, time to watch The Wire. Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home